We want you to feel comfortable sharing your personal stories through Storyworth, so privacy is something we take very seriously.
here, but in addition to that, we want to explain the steps we take to ensure your stories stay safe.
Here’s a summary:
- Everything is private by default, you control who sees your stories.
- You can download your stories at any time, you’re never locked in.
- We’ve taken a lot of precautions to secure your data.
Read on for more details...
With Storyworth, you always have full control over who can see your stories.
- All stories are private by default, and only shared with family members you invite to read them.
- Only you can invite other people to see your stories, and you can remove people from your account at any time.
- No stories are published publicly. We would never make a story public unless you explicitly told us to.
- We do not post stories to Facebook or other social networks. We would never automatically enable such a feature.
- The only way to log into the site is through your email account. There is no password that someone could guess.
These are your stories, and we want to make sure that no matter what happens, you will always have access to them.
- Because we receive and share stories by email, you automatically have a copy of most stories in your email account.
- You can download a backup of all your stories at any time. This includes pdf and mp3 files for all your stories.
- Whether you choose to subscribe or not, you will always have the ability to download your stories.
- All stories are encrypted in the database.
- Only the two founders of the company (Nick and Krista) have access to the database.
- On principle, we do not look at our customers’ stories unless you need us to troubleshoot your account.
- Our data is stored with MongoDB, and our site is hosted on Heroku.
- We use strong, random passwords for the database and other sensitive information.
- All communication between your browser and Storyworth uses the secure https:// protocol (indicated by the little padlock next to the internet address) for additional security.
- Our payments are processed through Stripe, a secure and fully PCI-compliant payments processor.
At the end of the day, there is always a small possibility that something stored online will get out (just like someone could get access to your email, or forward a personal message). This being said, we store our own family stories on this site, so we have every incentive to make sure they stay private.
If you have any questions about privacy, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. We’re happy to help.